For over 12 years, Community United Methodist Church has supported Wings of Hope in Malawi. This is a ministry run by Bayana Chunga and we have sponsored AIDS/HIV High School Outreach Projects. This is the first time that we have sent a Mission Team to visit and help with the work of Wings of Hope. It is an exciting effort and our team has spent more than a year planning, dreaming, praying and fundraising to make this a reality. Our trip runs June 30-July 14, 2016.
Wings of Hope is involved in the following efforts:
- Organizing HIV/AIDS campaigns in high schools throughout the country
- Producing radio programs for the national radio station
- Young couples groups and courtship counseling
- Producing devotionals for the National Television Station
- Run a weekly newspaper column
- Coaching an under 21 soccer team to give youth positive experiences